Society6 products

Monday, June 10, 2024

Lesson Ideas cheat sheet saddle tag

 I came up with this idea after a friend told me that she used index cards on a binder ring, attached to her saddle D ring to help learn dressage tests.

I frequently find myself deciding to do ring work, only to draw a complete blank on all the lesson plans and riding exercises I just read about, not sure what exactly I should work on.  Hence, my laminated practice drills cards! This is my first draft.... I thought I could make various decks, such as "dressage lesson", "bomb-proofing", "jumping", and "ground work", and each deck could be a different color.

I also like the idea of having diagrams for set up of jumps, cavalletti, and riding figures.  Not sure how feasible this is in a size small enough to be clipped to the saddle, though.  I shall have to experiment a bit.

These cards are about 4" x 2". 

I currently have my basic riding set, and my groundwork set.  But really, you could make them for all sorts of different disciplines, from dressage exercises, to trick training!  Thoughts, opinions?

Riding exercise notecards


Keeping a black horse black

Having Friesian crosses as well as a black TN Walker at one point, I have frequently struggled with keeping their coats black and not fading...